It is always good to know your PF balance so that you can plan your financial future accordingly. Your PF balance also reflects your employer’s contribution towards your retirement fund. Checking your PF balance is now easier than ever, thanks to the UAN or Universal Account Number. In this post, we’ll tell you how you can check your PF balance using the UAN number and the online portal.
How to Check PF Balance Online
Assuming that you have an internet connection and a registered account on the EPFO website, checking your PF balance online is simple and can be done in a few quick steps.
1. Visit the EPFO website and log in to your account using your user ID and password.
2. Once you’re logged in, click on the “Account” tab.
3. On the next page, select the “PF Balance” option from the drop-down menu.
4. You will be taken to a new page where you can enter your PF number. After entering your PF number, click on the “Check Balance” button.
5. Your current PF balance will be displayed on the next page along with other important information such as your last contribution date and current interest rate.
What is PF Balance Check Number?
The PF balance check number is a unique number assigned to each individual account holder that allows them to check their balance online. This number can be found on the bottom of most recent pay stubs or by logging into their online account and clicking on the “Check Balance” link.
How to Check PF Balance through SMS
In order to check your PF balance through SMS, you will need to first register your mobile number with your EPFO account. This can be done by logging into your account on the EPFO website and going to the “Profile” section. Once you have registered your mobile number, you will need to send an SMS to the number 7738299899 in the format EPFOHO UAN ENG. You will then receive an SMS with your current PF balance information.
How to Check PF Balance through Missed Call
To check your PF balance through missed call, you will need to provide your PF account number to the automated system. Once you have done so, you can simply call the dedicated phone number and follow the instructions. The whole process should take no more than a few minutes.