If there was just one destination on everybody’s list of destinations to go to during their lifespan, it would most likely be Switzerland. Aside from Bollywood’s infatuation with filming romantic songs over the verdant fields of Switzerland, it is the ideal location for everyone else- from youth couples and newlyweds to a group of acquaintances or your entire extended family. Switzerland has a lot to offer, from its magnificent Alps to its fairy-tale-like lush greenery and even a few lovely hiking paths, such as the greatest chocolates ever!
Before you start planning your schedule and counting down the days before your holiday, make sure you have your visa and vital documentation in order, such as your travel insurance policy. All Indian passport holders require a visa to enter Switzerland. The maximum duration permitted for the same reason is 90 days. Indian citizens do not have a visa upon arriving in Switzerland. To visit any European country, even Switzerland, all Indian passport bearers must obtain a pre-approved visa.
Tourist Visa Requirement for Switzerland
- A valid passport with a period of validity that is 3 months longer than the term of the visa you are applying for.
- If you have any old passports, please bring them along with two passport-sized images.
- a photocopy of the signed and duly filled visa application form
- Proof of hotel reservations, travel reservations, and a comprehensive itinerary of your activity throughout your visit in Switzerland
- Schengen travel visa insurance or a health insurance policy that covers Switzerland and the Schengen Area for emergency situations with basic coverage of 30,000 pounds is recommended.
- Print of trip tickets Proof of sufficient financial funds to cover your journey and stay in the country
- Financial statements over the previous six months
- Evidence of income tax returns
- A covering letter outlining why you wish to visit Switzerland, how long you plan to stay when you intend to return, and so on.
- Papers demonstrating your civil status, such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate of kids, and so on.
- Before applying for a tourist visa, be sure you satisfy the visa criteria and possess the necessary travel papers.
- Make certain that you have paid the visa expenses.
The Fee details for adults and children have been bifurcated as follows
- Single Entry Visa for Adults Rs. 6683
- Single Entry Visa for Child (6-12 years) Rs. 4683
- Single Entry Visa for Child (0-6 years) Rs. 1683
Applying for Tourist Visa
- At the Swiss Visa Application Office in New Delhi, you may request for a Swiss visa in person or via a travel agency. They do not take requisitions sent by courier or postal mail. All necessary paperwork must be carried with you at all times.
- Set up an appointment with the visa office.
- Make certain that you apply for the correct tourist visa.
- On the day of your appointment, go to the embassy. Pay the costs and await for the stamps to arrive.
Switzerland’s Approval period for Tourist Visas
Your visa will require a minimum of 15 business days to be processed. Nevertheless, it may take much longer in other circumstances. As a result, plan in advance.