Vehicle Fitness Certificate
The term “fitness” refers to a vital part of existence. Be it your personal physical fitness or the fitness of your possessions. If you possess a property, you must preserve it in order to enhance its lifetime. In other words, you must keep your property in ideal condition.
Similarly, an automobile is an important possession, particularly given that it is a need in today’s world. All norms and standards must also be followed. For modern personal vehicles, the roadworthiness certificate or vehicle fitness certificate is valid for fifteen years and must be re-registered or reissued every 5 years afterward. The vehicle fitness certificate is available for 2 years for newer industrial automobiles and must be updated each year after that.
Vehicle Fitness Certificate
Aside from adhering to traffic laws and norms, commercial vehicles must also transport individuals or commodities in a safe and responsible way. To properly fulfill this assignment, a vehicle must be fit in every way conceivable to operate on a public roadway. A Regional Transport Office (RTO) inspects the vehicle to ensure that it is in excellent functioning order, and following a comprehensive evaluation, the RTO gives a vehicle certificate of fitness. This documentation is extremely valuable since the Registration Certificate is declared void without such a legitimate fitness certificate.
How to Apply for Fitness Certificate?
Following the digitalization wave, it is now feasible to seek a vehicle fitness certification digitally and commence the procedure in advance. The very next step in the procedure is to physically visit the RTO with the vehicle for which you are requesting an RTO fitness certificate. The methods below will assist you in applying for a Fitness certificate online:
- Access the Parivahan Sewa site.
- Input the vehicle’s registration details. Step 3: In the pop-up window, click ‘Proceed.’
- Select Online Services from the navigation bar.
- Select ‘Application for Fitness Certificate’ from the drop-down option.
- Users then are requested to enter their Chassis numbers and registered cellphone number before clicking on the ‘Generate OTP’ button.
- Upon inputting the OTP, fill out all of the needed car and insurance data, as well as the registration fee information.
- To make the needed amount online, click the ‘Payment’ option.
- You will obtain a digital confirmation along with the application form once the payment is properly processed.
After completing all the above procedures, you must visit your regional RTO to acquire the online vehicle fitness certificate. At the RTO, you must present the fee confirmation and the request form, as well as the following documents:
- Original registration certificate of the vehicle
- Vehicle’s insurance certificate
- Pollution Under Control (PUC) certificate of the vehicle
Fees to Obtain Vehicle Fitness Certificate
To get a fitness certificate, an individual must deposit the specified cost. The fees serve to evaluate and issue the certification.
|Conducting test of a vehicle for grant or renewal of a certificate of fitness|
|1.||Medium or Heavy motor vehicle||Manual: Rs. 600/Automated: Rs. 1000|
|Three-wheeled or quadricycle or light motor vehicle||Manual: Rs. 400/Automated: Rs. 600|
|Bike||Manual: Rs. 200/Automated: Rs. 400|
|2.||Grant or renewal of letter of authority||Rs. 15000|
|3.||Grant or renewal of a certificate of fitness for a motor vehicle||Rs. 200 additional fees.|
|4.||An appeal under rule 70||Rs. 3000|
|5.||Issue of duplicate letter of authority||Rs. 7500|
|6.||Any application not covered under entries at Serial Nos. 1 to 14 above||Rs. 200|
IDV In Insurance | Top Up Insurance |Commercial Vehicle Insurance | RBI Prepaid Payment Instrument | super top up insurance | IDV In Insuranc | Road Safety Rules In India | Vehicle Fitness Certificate | Police Clearance Certificate