According to World statistics elaboration of the most recent data, India’s total population is 1,407,088,008 as of Sunday, July 3, 2022. According to the data, India accounts for over 17.85 percent of the entire planet’s populace and this translates to one in every 6 individuals on the earth.
While China has held the title of the world’s most populated country for generations, India is on track to overtake China by 2030. With a 1.2 percent population growth, India is expected to reach even more than 1.53 billion people over the course of the next 8 years.
Even so, India’s populace is not evenly distributed throughout all states and areas. Some states are significantly more populated than others and mostly this is due to the abundance of prospects in the particular state in terms of profession or commercial perspective. Alternatively, harsh climate patterns may make it impossible for many people to live in a certain place and choose others. Whichever the reason, this is a noticeable discrepancy in the demography of states across India.
Few facts regarding India’s Population
- Over half of India’s present inhabitants are under the age of 25, and more than 65 percent are under the age of 35.
- Around 72.2 percent of the people reside in around 638,000 rural communities, with the remaining 27.8 percent living in approximately 5,480 cities and urban settlements.
- The birth rate (number of children born per 1,000 persons annually) is 22.22 births per 1,000 population (as of 2009).
- The mortality rate (number of deaths per 1000 people per year) is 6.4 deaths per 1,000 individuals. (NFHS-3, 2008)
- The birthrate is 2.72 babies born per female, while the neonatal death ratio is 30.15 deaths per 1,000 babies.
All State Population List
Here is a list of states with their population distribution in the country.
|Uttar Pradesh||19,98,12,341||240,928 km2||828/km2|
|West Bengal||9,13,47,736||88,752 km2||1,029/km2|
|Madhya Pradesh||7,25,97,565||308,245 km2||236/km2|
|Tamil Nadu||7,21,38,958||130,058 km2||555/km2|
|Andhra Pradesh||4,93,86,799||162,968 km2||303/km2|
|Jammu and Kashmir||1,25,48,926||222,236 km2||57/km2|
|Himachal Pradesh||68,64,602||55,673 km2||123/km2|
Population Census of India
The most recent demographic numbers of the populace are supported by data provided by India’s 2011 census. The population count or the first official census in India was conducted in 1872. Following the attainment of independence in 1947, a census has been held after every ten years, with the first taking place in 1951.
The census in the country is performed by the Department of Internal Affairs and carried out by the Registrar General and Census Commissioner, and it is one of the greatest administrative duties ever out by a national government.
Motivational Web Series in India | Who Contribute In Building Modern India | Top Freedom Fighters of India | Governors Of India | Health Ministers In India | Finance Minister of India | How To Becoming an IAS Officer | List Of Emergency In India | Population In India | Countries and Their Capitals