Gold price by Investorocean.com
Purchasing eGold Advantages Of Digital Gold
In addition to Gold ETFs, gold jewellery, bars or coins lately there is another gold investment option that has grown in acceptance amongst investors. E Gold or digital gold is an investment on gold where the investor can purchase gold in smaller quantities and that gold unit is credited in the Demat account of the investor.
There are several advantage of investing in digital gold, such as:
- The investment digital gold does not have a lower limit, you can invest with a small amount starting from Rs. 1;
- As opposed to the physical gold, you can be assured for the quality or the purity of E Gold. It is insured in an digital gold investment;
- If and when you are applying for an emergency bank loan, the E Gold value is actually useful, since they can be used as collateral for loans;
- Physical gold requires you to be prepared safety measures, in E gold investment, since the gold itself is not physically present, it is very safe. It is the responsibility of the seller to hold and keep the gold safe for you.
- You can exchange the value of E Gold for physical gold, delivered at your doors or for cash.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Buying Gold Bars & Gold Coins
Physical gold has a fan base of its own; of a more traditional nature, the physical gold is available in different form such as gold jewellery, gold bars, and gold coins. While gold jewellery can be worn or stored easily, gold bars and gold coins have specific purposes.
Here are few of the advantages and disadvantages of buying gold bars and gold coins.
- Gold coins are collectible item; you can buy and own coins of smallest of gold value available.
- Like other physical gold, the price of a gold coin goes up when other stocks fall
- They are convenient to carry, store and is thus a preferred gift item.
- For big investors, gold bars are the preferred choice, as they can be easily exchanged for finance
- They can be made in to a desired jewellery whenever you feel and in the design of your choosing.
- The gold bar is usually hallmarked for its purity, which is usually 999.9 and has the information of the manufacturer, so as to authenticate its value.
- Sometimes the premium on the coins, which includes the making charges are more than the spot prices of the coins, hence could mean a decreased value.
- There is always the worry of safety with gold coins, and you would need bank lockers to secure the coins.
- It cannot be obtained from a local vendor, and thus difficult to acquire.
- Gold bars are not for everyone and at times is difficult to exchange without proper documentation