Ministry Of Education
The Ministry of Education (MoE), which was previously known as the Ministry of Human Resource Development (1985–2020)], is a Central Ministry in India that is in charge of implementing the Nationwide Policies for Education.
The Ministry has been further classified into two departments: the Department of School Education and Literacy, which is responsible for primary, secondary, and higher secondary education, as well as adult education and literacy, and the Department of Higher Education, which is responsible for college-level education, technical training, scholarship programs, and so on.
The Ministry of Education has existed in India since 1947. The Rajiv Gandhi regime had earlier changed its name from the Ministry of Education to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) in 1985.
With the official declaration of the Narendra Modi government’s redrafted “National Education Policy 2020,” the Ministry of Human Resource Development was rebranded back to the Ministry of Education. The Union Council of Ministers approved the revised National Education Policy 2020 on July 29, 2020. In 1986, the NEP 2020 superseded the previous National Policy on Education. The Ministry of Human Resource and Development (MHRD) was renamed the Ministry of Education under the NEP 2020. (MoE). NEP 2020 established a slew of new educational institutions, organizations, and initiatives.
Education Minister Of India
Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, a member of the Council of Ministers, is the present Minister of Education under the Central Government.
The Ministry’s primary goals are as follows:
- Creating the National Education Policy and ensuring that it is followed in letter and spirit
- Development plans include extending access and enhancing the quality of academic establishments across the nation, even in areas wherein individuals do not have convenient access to learning.
- Providing particular care to vulnerable populations such as the poor, women, and minorities
- Grants, loan subsidies, and other forms of financial assistance should be made available to qualified students from underserved areas of society.
- Promoting global cooperation in education, including collaboration with UNESCO, foreign states, and universities, to improve educational opportunities in the country.
Following are the Minister of States under the Education Ministry of India
- Smt. Annapurna Devi, Hon’ble Minister of State for Education
- Dr. Subhas Sarkar, Hon’ble Minister of State for Education
- Dr. Rajkumar Ranjan Sing, Hon’ble Minister of State for Education
Education Ministry In States
Not every Indian state has a separate Ministry of Education, however, where there is no specific office the states do have a separate Ministry for School Education, High Secondary Education, and Technical Education & Higher Education.
Here is the list of Education Ministers in States with the Ministry of Education:
|1||Andhra Pradesh||Dr.Audimulapu Suresh|
|2||Arunachal Pradesh||Er. Taba Tedir|
|3||Assam||Dr. Ranoj Pegu|
|4||Bihar||Shri Vijay Kumar Chaudhary|
|5||Gujarat||Shri kitisinh Vaghela|
|6||Haryana||Shri Kanwar Pal Gujjar|
|7||Jharkhand||Shri Jagarnath Mahto|
|8||Karnataka||Shri B C Nagesh|
|9||Kerala||Shri Vasudevan Sivankutty|
|10||Manipur||Shri Th. Kirankumar|
|11||Meghalaya||Shri Lahkmen Rymbui|
|12||Mizoram||Shri Lalchhandama Ralte|
|13||Odisha||Shri Samir Ranjan Dash|
|14||Punjab||Shri Gurmeet Singh Meet Hayer|
|15||Sikkim||Shri Kunga Nima Lepcha|
|16||Tamil Nadu||Shri Anbil Mahesh Poyyamozhi|
|17||Telangana||Smt. Patlolla Sabitha Indra Reddy|
|18||Tripura||Shri Ratan Lal Nath|
Motivational Web Series in India | Who Contribute In Building Modern India | Top Freedom Fighters of India | Governors Of India | Health Ministers In India | Finance Minister of India | Most Educated State in India